If you are struggling to clean up your data in Excel or Power BI, or spending time performing repetitive data cleanup on a regular basis, you owe it to yourself to learn about Power Query. This technology is a game changer, and will revolutionize the way you work with your data forever
. Released as a free add-in from Microsoft for Excel 2010 and 2013, Power Query technology has been built into Excel since Excel 2016 and the Power BI Desktop application since day one. This means that you already have it, you just need to learn how to use it: an investment that will pay you back in leaps and bounds.
Written BY Excel pros, FOR Excel pros, Master Your Data for Excel and Power BI focuses on leveraging Power Query to "Get & Transform" your task flow. This is the all new 2nd edition of our popular book, M is for (Data) Monkey. It has been updated from cover to cover and includes new and expanded chapters which focus on:
- Power Query fundamentals
- Structuring your queries
- Moving queries between Excel and Power BI
- New and improved data transformation patterns and recipes
- Every standard Power Query join plus other merging techniques
- Reshaping common data problems into tabular formats
- A much deeper dive into the M language behind Power Query
- Building custom functions
- Understanding Query Folding and Lazy Evaluation
- Dealing with Privacy and Formula.Firewall errors
- And much more!
Every example in this book is backed with downloadable "near real world" example and data source files for you to practice your skills. We even provide access to an Azure SQL database for our readers. In addition, completed versions of every example in the book are provided in both Excel and Power BI Desktop formats.
This book covers two key goals, depending on who you are and how much experience you have with Power Query:
- If you are new to Power Query, this book will change your life. You should know that saving 4 hours per week of manual time is not uncommon for users who embrace Power Query. There is simply no tool out there that is as easy to learn and pays back as quickly as Power Query. This book will guide you in that learning journey to get the most out of this tool starting from the very beginning.
- For you seasoned Power Query pros, this book will up your Power Query game. You already know the power behind this amazing technology, we don't need to convince you of that. While the earlier chapters may act as a review to fill in knowledge gaps, you'll find new transformation recipes and techniques, a deeper understanding of the Power Query engine and M language, and more to help you truly Master Your Data.
All sales are final; no refunds on digital books are available.
- Format: PDF
- Publisher: Holy Macro! Books (Digital Version - August 2, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1-61547-058-7
- ISBN-13: 978-1-61547-058-7
Print editions of the book are available for order through various retailers, including Amazon, Mr. Excel Bookstore, Excelerator BI (Australia only), and MrExcel.com (US only)